Hi, my name is Louisa. Welcome to The Actually!
My goal is to help you actually get things done by working smarter, not harder.
How does that sound?
Through this blog and my programs, you’ll learn:
- How to create a foolproof “idea-to-action” organization system.
- Tips for investing in the health of your body and mind (your most essential productivity tools!)
- How to gain clarity about your personal mission and values
Along the way, I’ll provide practical tools, insight into how your brain works, and LOTS of inspiration.
Burnout is a serious problem, but it doesn’t have to be one for you.
I have always known how to work hard. But it took some time for me to learn how to work smart.
I was a high achiever throughout school. I jumped right into my career after college and shortly after went to graduate school at the Yale School of Drama to further my professional development. I was serious about being the best I could be and hustled my way to graduation.
But in my first big job after graduate school, I hit a wall. I was working as hard as I could, but it never seemed to be enough. A somewhat minor mistake I made sent me spinning and left me feeling completely defeated and drained.
I was burned out and didn’t know what to do.
After some serious soul-searching, I finally started to see what “working smarter” might look like. I started to get some perspective and was able to see both my bigger picture values and how a lot of my hustling could be replaced with some well-designed systems. I learned that being intentional and mindful about HOW I was working was just as important as WHAT I was working on.
Today I am still just as ambitious as ever, but my approach to work has forever changed. As a full-time General Manager of a major regional theater, I am applying everything I talk about here in my day-to-day life and am constantly reiterating my process as I learn more.
If you want to learn how to thrive in a hustle world while keeping a peaceful mind, I’d love for you to join me! Sign up below for my “Find of the Week” newsletter for my best tips as well as regular updates.
Some fun facts about me:
- I’m a productivity expert who believes that your value is based on more than just your ability to be productive.
- I think organization systems are the key to a balanced life to avoid burnout and feel more calm and joy in life.
- I believe in self-actualization for actual people.
- I am a graduate of the Yale School of Drama and the General Manager of a major regional theater.
- I love tea, nachos, and sunshine!
I’d love to hear your story and some fun facts about you! Send me an email at louisa at theactually.com or you can reach me through the links below.